Neighbors are great, but sometimes you just need a little privacy in your backyard, to entertain, garden or relax with a good book. While fencing is one option, an increasingly popular choice for screening your yard is installing a precast privacy wall. These attractive privacy screens have a lot to recommend them.
What are precast privacy walls?
Precast privacy walls are made of formed, reinforced concrete. Most are five to seven foot tall and come in a myriad of colors. They can also be stamped to resemble brick or natural stone.
Benefits of precast privacy walls
1. Durability. Precast walls are impervious to most things that affect traditional fencing, including insect infestations, high velocity winds, harsh weather, and seismic events that can shift the ground. In most cases, your wall will last for 100 years or more, making it the last privacy wall you'll ever have to install.
2. Aesthetics. A precast wall will also add beauty to your property. These walls come in a variety of colors, from light gray to deep brown, and in a number of patterns. There's something to match most any design taste or architectural style.
3. Improved property value. Another benefit of adding a precast privacy wall is the value it will add to your property when it comes time to sell. Families, on average, spend six years in a home, so even if you're planning on staying put, it's a good point to consider. Potential home buyers, especially pet owners, will see the value in not having to invest in a fence or barrier themselves.
4. Little maintenance required. Precast privacy walls require very little maintenance when compared with most types of fencing. No painting is required and it won't rot or splinter like wooden fences can.
5. Affordability. In most cases, precast privacy walls are less expensive than wooden, vinyl and aluminum fencing. Many of the design options look like traditional stone or brick walls or wooden fencing.
6. Easy installation. Since much of the work putting together a precast wall is done in the factory, setting up a privacy wall on your property is easy and takes just a few hours.
While a precast privacy wall may not be the right choice for every homeowner, this backyard privacy option will last for years and years, adds beauty and value to your property, is affordable and easy to install, and requires little maintenance. It's certainly an option worth considering.
To learn more about the different options of precast privacy walls, contact professionals in your area.